123 HP OfficeJet 5746 Printer Offline Error
How to configure your OfficeJet 5746 printer offline so that it functions even if you are not connected to the internet. Analyze network connections using HP Print and Scan Doctor products. If the problem persists, restart the printer and then re-test the connection. Reconfiguration is capable of reestablishing lost connections. Check the ports to see whether a connection has been formed. If you are still unable to find a solution, you should upgrade to the latest version. If you make use of a communication link, you will need extra solutions.
A second Windows printer device, as well as a manual wireless connection, may be added as options as described above. If you are utilising a wireless connection, you must ensure that you have a backup connection available. If you are using the Windows operating system, it is possible to create a custom network connection or to add a second printing device. In order to integrate the HP OfficeJet 5746 printer with HP Printer Assistance when it is not connected to the network, print drivers from HP Printer Assistance must be used. It is possible that your printer has failed to fix the problem, in which case one of the following options may be worth trying.
How to solve 123 HP OfficeJet 5746 printer wireless connection?
If you follow the steps outlined below, you should be able to resolve the HP OfficeJet 5746 offline issue:
- After you have connected the printer to a network that is separate from the main network (known as the “guest” or “host”), the printer is given the name “HP OfficeJet 5746.”
- It may be necessary to change your network connection settings. The usage of wireless technology may allow you to connect directly to a wifi network, as well as the other way around.
- Removal and reinstallation of the printer configuration on the HP OfficeJet 5746 have also been addressed before.
- Disable the Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) on the device using the Windows command line interface (SNMP). Right-click on the name of your HP OfficeJet 5746 printer and then choose the Printer Model option from the context menu. Navigate to the Ports tab in order to turn off the SNMP status that has been activated. Navigate to the Networking section. In order to finish this project, you will need to make use of the network connection.
- Prevent the use of IPv6 if the system is capable of supporting this kind of communication. By looking at the network or network window and referring to the website area for your networking equipment, you may find out what your network is capable of.
- Place the HP OfficeJet 5746 as near to the router as possible since obstacles may cause the printer to become inoperative.
- Add an HP OfficeJet 5746 printer to your network to complete the setup. If the new connection is successful, it is possible that problems may arise with the machine to which you were previously connected. If the new connection does not function properly, you should either take it to a service or try a different kind of connection altogether.
- Print the HP OfficeJet 5746 a second time. The existing printer software should be uninstalled, and then the USB connection should be disconnected. When the computer is first booted up, press and hold down the SHIFT key. Then, reload the software from 123.hp.com or support.hp.com.
- The solutions to problems 1, 2, and 3 will help you in resolving the problem with the HP OfficeJet 5746 printer. The possibility exists that you may need technical help in the rare event that the problem persists.
- There are many customers situated across the city that are willing to provide technical assistance. This service is accessible to anybody who want to use it. There are also some independent service suppliers on the market.